Saturday, June 20, 2009

Margaret River - Part 1

haha I was just crossing fingers someone will write the content... yeah! and so here comes the pics! You will notice that some of the pictures appear gloomy, well it was on some of the days when we were there. It's the start of winter, so there were days of drizzles and cloudiness. And also I didn't take a lot of pictures of the vineyards, I think my pictures will not do them much justice... and besides you do need a wide angle to really capture them... haha which I do not have... soo yup I'll do my best in the uploading.

Xanadu Winery
Unfortunately when we reached there was a slight drizzle, so wasn't able to get very nice pics of this place. This was our very first stop of Margaret River, and if you are looking for a place to stop by for lunch or snack, I would recommend this as one of the places to go.

This was our lunch... so to speak. It was almost about 2.30pm already, so we didn't get ourselves anything too heavy. We gotten 2 servings of the tasting plate, and you could choose any 3 from the menu for each plate. The top scorer was the Venison. A must try! The other which I loved was the Smoked Kingfisher Salad (done very much Asian style but lovely for an appetiser. The fish was just pure taste of freshness.)

What's food without wine right? And being alcoholics like us... we got ourselves a bottle of Dragon Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2008. Though it's a very young bottle but it's quite a refreshing bottle as a table wine. Worth a buy for parties.

Voyager Estate
It's reputed as one of the most beautiul vineyard in MR. Unfortunately, the weather didn't do any better and it was really freezing, literally freezing.... I would definitely head back to Voyager in the next trip with better weather. It's a nice place to roam around. They had a Rose Garden just beside their cellar door. They had a small tasting of sauces which they sell, try it!


Margaret River Cheese Company
Our trip is not all about alcohol (thank you very much)... If you are looking for good Cheddar & Brie in MR, this is one place to head to. I don't know much about cheeses, but well all I know I loved the cheese they sell here.

and we spotted some cows belonging to the Cheese Company finding some shade for themselves...

Hay Shed Hill
We actually didn't plan to visit Hay Shed in our initial marking out. But well since we drove by we went in for a tasting, they have some nice reds to try. I bought myself a bottle of the Shiraz Tempranillo 2007. Edlyn liked the Tempranillo bottle, that bottle is good to be cellared for a few years.

a view of their vineyard.

No comments: